At Seaview Community Church we believe:
Just like the early Church we have taken what we believe Scripture clearly teaches about the Christian faith and doctrines and summarized them below.
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- God is the creator, who has revealed Himself in the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the divinity and sinless humanity of Christ and in His miraculous ministry, His suffering and death on the cross as the only Saviour for the sins of the world, and His resurrection from the dead.
- Jesus will return to the earth as its final judge of the living and the dead.
- All people fall short of God’s perfect standard and can only find forgiveness through faith in the saving work of Jesus Christ.
- All people who have put their faith in Christ will witness a transformation in their lives, exemplified by repentance and holiness of conduct.
- Christian baptism, by full immersion in water, of those who have personally placed their faith in Christ.
- The regular celebrating of the Lord’s Supper, remembering Christ’s saving work.
- The baptism in the Holy Spirit, with the evidence of speaking in unknown languages.
- The miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- God heals the sick today, through active faith in His grace.
- The power and effectiveness of prayer.
- God’s community of believers, the church and its responsibility to spread the message of the Gospel to all people and nations.
This is the Declaration of Faith for the CRC Churches International Movement,
of which the Seaview Community Church is a member.
Seaview Community Church
79 Seacombe Road, Seacombe Gardens
Gatherings: 10am Sunday Mornings